Create Your First Project
Start adding your projects to your portfolio. Click on "Manage Projects" to get started
Belfius Bree, BE
- Recently constructed bank agency located in Bree, BE
- 540m² of agency & office space spread over 1 floor
- Occupied by the bank agency and its employees
- Only one facade fully glazed treated
Belfius Bree is a recently constructed bank agency located in the city center of Bree. Around 15 employees worked in the bank agency, only one façade is fully furnished with glass. The mobile connectivity problems inside the bank agency were experienced as much by the customers who could not receive calls or use data on their cell phones as by the employees themselves, unable to use the Belfius mobile application they need for their day-to-day work.
WAVETHRU is a technology that uses a laser to treat some of the existing double-glazing units to ensure they let through the radio waves used in mobile telephone communications. This solution does not alter the thermal and aesthetic properties of the glazing in any way.
We treated the building's only glass facade to solve the mobile connectivity issues inside, to a depth of 13 meters.
Our challenge was to solve the connectivity issues inside the building for a depth of 13 meters by only treating the single glass façade (13 meters).
- We treated: 53m² with WAVETHRU.
- 13 windows treated
- 1 day of treatment
- No more complains from the occupants and customers
- No more calls fail, calls with better quality since established in 4G (HD voice calls) regardless of mobile operator used
- Building occupants can now enjoy an improved quality of phone calls and mobile data transfer for all operators (Proximus, Orange, Base)
- Signal strength improvement up to + 17dB for all mobile operators
- Coverage for all 2G/3G/4G and future 5G technologies present outside the building was restored
- Data speed in upload and download transfer significantly improved and sufficient to use mobile app ie >5MBps